WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user. Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer or device and do not provide references that allow their personal data to be known.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATIONS AND COOKIES EXEMPT
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent by the user are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, except those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services. expressly requested by the user.
TYPE OF COOKIES
a) According to the entity that manages them, there are own Cookies (those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself - from where the user provides the service only TEXT by the user-) and third-party cookies (those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by a third party).
b) According to the time they remain active, session cookies (designed to collect and store data while the user accesses the web) and persistent cookies (the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the responsible for the cookie).
c) According to the purpose for which they treat the information they collect, they can be:
- Technical cookies (necessary for the use of the website and the provision of the contracted service),
- Personalization cookies (allow the user to access the service with predefined general characteristics such as language, browser type, regional settings, etc.),
- Analysis cookies (collect information on the use made on the web),
- Advertising cookies (they collect information about preferences and personal choices of users),
- Affiliate cookies (allow you to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliation companies).